Monday, December 21, 2009

Latvian Cup

Yesterday, 20/Dec/2009, we had the last stage of Latvian Cup (we have 5 stages per year).
The competition was in Riga. We had about 90 participants, 10 of them - females. We didn't have much time, so we had to be very quick. Which means that we had to work in a very fast tempo. I was a secretary as usual and I had just a little time to input information about participants into the system (we have a special computer program for protocol making, but it is a different story). We were in a rush to divide participants by flights and I've got just 2 minutes to warm up before lifting, because I was in the first flight. But it wasn't the first time for me to work like that and I was feeling well when I stepped on the platform. This time I decided to lift 12kg KB and I made 117 reps before I dropped it... I could do more, but unfortunately KB slipped out. But there was a good thing in dropping the KB before the 10 minutes time limit passed - I had couple of minutes to change clothes and go back to the secretary table to continue working :)

I am not afraid to say that our team is professional in organizing any kind of competitions! We did our best and everything went smoothly. There were some problems on our way, but nobody noticed them, which means that we did our job perfectly.

Awarding ceremony was quick, but still very emotional. And as usual in the end of the day everybody was tired, but happy :) My team (Riga) got the Latvian Cup, so we are the champions :) I got the third prize in the individual qualification this time. But it wasn't the only thing I got this day...
... Feel free to send your regards to a new National Category Referee - Svetlana Rukina :) Yes, I've got the licence yesterday :) And I am very proud of that! :)

You may see the results of the competition here.

We had a professional photographer who made a lot of pictures. And we will also have a reporton on of Latvian TV chanels. I will try to get it all and post here later.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Always great to hear how well things are progressing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regards to you for your National Category Referee title. How fine!

    ReplyDelete