Tuesday, November 24, 2009

We are on Tv :)

It was an ordinary Friday, when my coach called me and said that I have to go to Riga for a training on Monday. Of course, I asked what is so special about the training that I have to make 200km to get there. And there was the most unexpected answer - one of Latvian central TV channels were going to make a program about kettlebell lifting. And my coach wanted me to be filmed, too. Try to imagine what I felt. He could just call on Tuesday and say that they were filmed, but instead he called beforehand and asked me to be there. I can't put it in words, but I was grateful and happy and I felt so much at that moment. I understood that I would be just one of many lifters there, but still I was a part of the team and the feeling was great.

It is a military program that is showing soldiers' life. My team mostly consists of military people and we are training in the Latvian National Academy of Defense. Which made us suitable for the program.

It was a very nice experience. I came to gym at 16:30 and started to warm up. The TV team came at about 5p.m. They were filming us for about 2-2,5 hours. We finished training at 19:30. And almost all that time we were working with kettlebells. We had to make a good impression and that's why we all worked with heavy stuff. I myself took 16kg KB and made snatches and jerks... and then made some swings with 24kg KB... I have no idea how many reps I made during the training, but I am sure the word 'many' wouldn't be enough :) When I was so tired I couldn't do any more snatches and jerks, I decided to switch to 8kg KB and do some juggling :) And of course the operator was filming. At one moment I thought that I am very close to dropping the KB. But I remembered what my cousin once told me "Try not to make so serious face while lifting" and it helped me to find some strengths to smile :)
I forgot to mention that while Robert was giving the interview I was showing snatch technique to our new girl. I did it with 12kg KB and didn't count it as reps. Only after the training I realized what a great job I did that time.

In the end of the training all guys felt as tired as after a competition. We really worked OUT :) But we all felt great and were looking forward to watch ourselves on the TV.

It was almost a week of waiting. And there came Sunday :) I wasn't with my team, but I knew that we all are sitting in front of our TVs and watching the program. And I felt like we were in the same room.

Just after the program Robert (coach) called me and asked if I will be able to download it anywhere. And of course I said 'Yes'. There was no other answer :)

So I got the program on my computer, cut the part about our training, translated the interview, recorded the English version and added it over the original video. I don't like my voice being recorded, but I am posting the result anyway :)(the sound quality is not very good, but I was in a hurry to post it :) I might try to improve it later):



Or you can watch the original piece with no changes:

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic!!

    And great job narrating!! You looked great on there. Great job to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Nice to have such a good bond with the team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...inspering for my training, just a few minutes.
    Good post girl.
    --
    And yes, you looked great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Echoing everybody, great emission! You looked very cool, good and pro!
    Robert's demonstration of basic fitness training was one of the best summaries I have seen.
    Later on you have to tell if there are several new people who wants take up kettlebell training after the show.
    Mrkl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. very nice and instructive also:)

    ReplyDelete