Friday, August 7, 2009

Power Juggling

... I was always amazed how people can juggle with this heavy things called kettlebells... And I never had a chance to try it myself.

We don't have a well equipped place for juggling in Riga. And we've got our first 8kg kettlebell just about a half a year ago. The lightest we always had was 16kg. Imagine me throwing this thing :) I was scared to do my first snatch there, cause I jumped from zero to 16kg just after 3 or 4 month of training with free weights. And of course I wasn't even thinking of juggling.

But today was my lucky day! I went to the Ventspils Olimpic Center with the girls who train there (Julia and Jevgeniya Prokopenko). They were practicing power juggling. I was watching them... and then... I decided to try it myself. Girls were very happy to hear that I am interested and gave me some advices how to begin.

I can't say that I am already a world champion on power juggling, but I managed to do some swings and didn't kill myself :)

That was a great experience! I am really looking forward to the next day of juggling which I hope will be next monday.

4 comments:

  1. Hey... we're thinking along the same lines. Maybe it was all of that fabulous juggling we saw at the meet but I wanted to try my hand at it also. I'll let you know how it goes - unless I drop it on my head and then my next of kin will let you know how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be great at juggling Lopa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you Svetlana!
    Remember to use the elf costume next year!

    ReplyDelete